Independence Day was released to theaters on July 3, 1996, and grossed over $817 million at the box office, making it the highest-grossing film of 1996, surpassing both Twister and Mission: Impossible. At the time, it was also the second highest-grossing film of all time behind Jurassic Park. The film won the Academy Award for Best Visual Effects.
The cast of Independence Day consisted of:
- Will Smith as Captain Steven Hiller
- Bill Pullman as President Thomas J. Whitmore
- Jeff Goldblum as David Levinson
- Mary McDonnell as First Lady Marilyn Whitmore, the wife of Thomas Whitmore
- Judd Hirsch as Julius Levinson, David Levinson’s father
- Robert Loggia as General William Grey, USMC, the Commandant of the United States Marine Corps
- Randy Quaid as Russell Casse, an eccentric, alcoholic former fighter pilot and Vietnam War veteran
- Margaret Colin as Constance Spano, Whitmore’s White House Communications Director and David Levinson’s ex-wife
- Vivica A. Fox as Jasmine Dubrow, Steven Hiller’s girlfriend and mother of Dylan Dubrow.
- James Rebhorn as Albert Nimzicki, the Secretary of Defense and, as former CIA Director, is a member of a governmental faction who are aware of the aliens’ existence due to the ship recovered at Roswell
- Harvey Fierstein as Marty Gilbert, David Levinson’s coworker at Compact Cable Television Company.
- Adam Baldwin as Major Mitchell, USAF, Area 51’s commanding officer
- Brent Spiner as Dr. Brackish Okun, the unkempt and highly excitable scientist in charge of research at Area 51
- James Duval as Miguel Casse, the oldest son of Russell Casse
- Bill Smitrovich as Lt. Colonel Watson, the commanding officer of the Black Knights
- Harry Connick Jr. as Marine Captain Jimmy Wilder, fellow fighter pilot and friend of Steven
- Mae Whitman as Patricia Whitmore, the daughter of President Thomas J. Whitmore and First Lady Marilyn Whitmore
- Ross Bagley as Dylan Dubrow, Jasmine Dubrow’s son and Steven Hiller’s stepson.
- Lisa Jakub as Alicia Casse, the daughter of Russell Casse.
- Giuseppe Andrews as Troy Casse, the son of Russell Casse.
Enjoy this look back at the cast of Independence Day then in 1996 and now in 2022!
Please follow and like us:
Leave a Reply